See A Banda and many other samba groups, plus music, food and entertainment from all over the world throughout the Whitsunday weekend at Copenhagen Carnival 2013. As with previous years, there will be a big parade through the center of Copenhagen on Saturday morning, but this year, the party continues in around the Danish Radio television studios on Amager (rather than at Fælledparken).
Friday, May 17:
- All-star parade and concert in central Copenhagen (free): A Banda will play on Højbro Plads from 19:15 to 20:45, followed by a parade through the inner city that lasts from 21:00 to 23:00.
Saturday, May 18:
- Carnival parade on Strøget (free): See all of this year’s samba orchestras, including A Banda, as they parade down Copenhagen’s central walking street. The parade begins at 10:00 at Nytorv and continues to Kongens Nytorv, lasting until 15:00. A Banda will lead the parade starting at 10:00 and expect to be finished by 13:00.
- Children’s Carnival at DR Byen (free): A special carnival event for children is being held at the DR television studios on Amager (DR Byen Metro station). The event lasts from 10:00 to 16:00. A Banda will play at 14:00
- Stage show at the main Carnival site at DR Byen (free): Food, DJs, reggae and carnival bands play all day from 12:00 to 22:00. A Banda plays a stage show at 17:30.
- Evening parade at DR Byen (free): Another chance to see all of the carnival orchestras on parade, including A Banda, this time at night to close the carnival. Parade lasts from 22:00 to midnight. After party with DJs will be held afterwards inside the DR studios (the after party costs 100kr.)
Sunday, May 19:
- Samba stage show featuring A Banda and several other carnival bands at Casa Brasil Tropicalia. Starts at 22:00 and goes late! (Strandlodsvej 69, 2300 København S, close to Øresund metro station. See http://casabrasiltropicalia.
dk/ for details)
For full details about Copenhagen Carnival, please see http://www.copenhagencarnival.
You can also sign up for the event and invite your friends on our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/events/161155010726527/